Author Topic: Bocker ages  (Read 5540 times)

Offline Cpt_Tangerine

Bocker ages
« on: March 17, 2008, 08:23:32 PM »
I'm thinking of getting some PJs but I'm 34 and while I don't mind being a sad old git who doesn't know he's past it, I'm not so keen on being a lone sad old git :-) 

Are there any others out there in my situation?

Offline rickbicker26

Re: Bocker ages
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 08:36:52 PM »
theres a couple on here thats near the half century mark  :nana: i wont mention any names jason  :lol:

depends where your from as there might be some bockers living near you or failing that get ur mates to have go on urs when u get them to get them hooked so they have to buy a pair  :laugh:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 08:37:34 PM »
Youre far from alone!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 08:40:02 PM »
 capt   'dont worry be happy'

Ill not state my age  but tell you im 12 years older than the next oldest person in my lil group (  jurassicjumpers -- webmaster has kindly given us a lil place of our own). Ooo un that guy has a mate 2 years younger who fretted he was a sad old git.

\The group I bock wiv has a 30 year age range! So time place people every meet is different, good and bad :oD

Sometimes we end up at subway  others we settle in  in a pub

Depending on who joins the JJ that ek  average age sends us to weatherspoons or MacD at the end of a meet ;D

So dont worry  and where r u?

Offline Cpt_Tangerine

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 08:52:10 PM »
Cool.

Thanks for that.  I tend to work on the principle that you only get one life so do what you want, because you won't get another chance. For that reason I don't mind looking like a tit, but all the same it's nice to know you're not alone  ;D

Dark Knight

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 08:53:25 PM »
BOCKING the leveler !
Once you get on a pair we'll feel just like us !? Big kids  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 08:59:04 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 08:54:51 PM »
HAVE NO PRIDE

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 11:09:02 PM »
If your anywhere near west london (Hanworth) you would be the youngest in our group by a fair way Capt so don't worry about age

I'm 48 and I was on my own for about 8 months before Clive got some now heres the good bit we live at opposte ends of the same road (not a very long road only about 1/2 a mile ) and we met on here  :biggrin: now there are two loonys on stilts in Hanworth  :haha:

So just do what I did and get some then when your familly and friends have stopped laughing they'll all want to try

But the most important bit get Elbow, Knee and Wristguards don't be stupid like I was believe me you need Guards  :haha:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 05:04:54 AM »
you want some decent padding, and not to fall over like me, lol

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 06:44:22 AM »
It would be nice to be 34 again....that was a great year for me ;D

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 01:42:54 PM »
I will be gald to be a year older, lol

Fire is good!
Burn Scars are for life!

Offline Cpt_Tangerine

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 05:04:04 PM »
Yeah.  That passes  :)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 05:26:29 PM »
hi capt  ive got ten years on you.

Was out doing sports mile ( well did 3) ob sat with 2 15yo  a 21ish person,  and 29,30 and 32. Basically my lil group has a 30 year age range!

But we are all 'honourary 19yo's'

yep whereabouts are you?

Offline Claire

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 05:57:03 PM »
HEY Catain, you go for it, its great, i can tell you that stevie was already 50 before he put his stilts on, h'e enjoying what he can do at 53, so join the club, it'l keep you fit, and bags of fun. XXX
Claire from  B Bounce

Offline stevie

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 06:28:46 PM »
you get some bocks on your legs and you will feel great mate, age isn't an isue if you don't let it be,
i agree it would be good for you to hook up with others that live close to you, good luck.

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 07:01:11 PM »
Age is in your mind, I have met old 20 yr olds and young 70 year olds.

I am 48 - same as Jason, I have been to a number of meets and the great thing about this sport is the way people accept you for who you are and support you to improve.

Do you want to get to the gates of heaven (or Hell) in a pristine suit or slide through laying down your motorbike yelling what a ride
Grow old disgracefully

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 07:23:42 PM »
here here Charlie

But Illsay here and nowI am1ofthemore 'timid' bockersaround ( who is ratherlimp wristedand cant work the space bar 2 well d'oh). But I will say it isnt an excuse when I say sorry know Im knackered! to a 19 yo who says IM not trying at a gym session :o).

Especially as Id been bocking outside 1130-1500. Then gym ( he only turned up for the gym) 1530 onwards. So by 4 o clock I was ded beat.

Yes I jump up to try a flip  then think of my mortgage and pension - and come str8 back down and my pikes are not quite as wide as sprogs. But I have just as much fun and frustration as the bockers 1/3rd my age ( was gonna do 1/2  but did some sums --then shed a few tears) ;D

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 09:48:58 PM »
i just pray i can make it, and land on the crashmat as i mess it up, lol

Fire is good!
Burn Scars are for life!

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 10:07:26 PM »
Interestingly i went bocking with my gf's 10y/o brother on sunday, hes a better bocker than a lot of teeneagers/20yos i've seen.... i've got a vid of him and me, he can do all the tricks i can do! Thinking of bringing him to ely for gym meet, thats if my gf will let me... :D  :(

Offline Cpt_Tangerine

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2008, 05:24:04 PM »
All good stuff!  It's starting to sound like S'Hampton is the place to be.  I'm in Aylesbury and Milton Keynes (home and work), so a bit out of the way of SH. 

How tiring is it to run in PJs?  I saw the SR videos on YouTube and was watching the bockers all arriving at the finish line after running a mile looking like they were having trouble getting there - I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think I look that bad when I've finished running two miles in just my trainers.

I remember seeing something vaguely akin to bocks on, oh, I don't know, Tomorrow's World or something, about 10 or so years ago.  They were being discussed as a means of allowing foot soldiers to cover a lot of ground very quickly.  Nothing was heard after that for years.  From what I've heard they wouldn't be entirely practical due to the weight of the bocks, and obviously wouldn't be much good over soggy ground.

Still, do they allow you to run further for the same energy expenditure or just faster?

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 05:50:35 PM »
I'd say just faster but only for a should period because you have to take into consideration the weight of the bocks as well

Offline Cpt_Tangerine

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 02:41:52 PM »
Right.  Well, that's them ordered.  Only realised afterwards that my cunning plan for timing the delivery was all out.  Somehow slipped my mind that the reason why I had a nice Friday off to use my new bocks was because it's a bank holiday and everyone else is off too ... including the delivery drivers!  Ack!  And of course following the logic it means that I'm not going to get them until at least Tuesday!  Nightmare!    :banghead:

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008, 02:47:15 PM »

Do you want to get to the gates of heaven (or Hell) in a pristine suit or slide through laying down your motorbike yelling what a ride
last time i read that it was......
"life is a journey, not with the intention of coming to the end of the ride in pristine  condition, but to slide in fully spent and screaming, WHAT A RIDE!"
or summat like that, i always remembered it since i read it, as it sums my attitude to life up.
you just brought it all back charlie nice one.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Dark Knight

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008, 03:10:18 PM »

last time i read that it was......
"life is a journey, not with the intention of coming to the end of the ride in pristine  condition, but to slide in fully spent and screaming, WHAT A RIDE!"
or summat like that, i always remembered it since i read it, as it sums my attitude to life up.
you just brought it all back charlie nice one.

How about
There's on depost on life so wear it out  ;D